Sorry for the Interruption…

Vija Celmins, T.V., 1964

Yesterday Google shut down this site for unspecified "violations" of community guidelines. There was no explanation of the problem, just a link to a generic page of Blogger Content Policy. None of the restrictions (on malware, romance scams, get rich quick schemes, information that causes harm to people or animals) seemed remotely applicable to a modest blog about museums in Los Angeles. I clicked a button to appeal—there was no form for supply a defense, not that I'd know what I was defending myself against. Today, also without explanation, Google reinstated the blog. 

Comments

Vija Celmins reminds me most of Vermeer among living artists.
Anonymous said…
I'd gues it was the Arvid Hadad youtube financial scheme looking screencap from yesterday's blog that was flagged by the AI algorithm.
Anonymous said…
> modest blog about
> museums in
> Los Angeles

I wonder if there's something similar to this site for other cities?

Blogger Lee Rosenbaum has the page CultureGrrl, which focuses on mainly the NYC/Northeastern area, but not just one city's museums. She has done stories about the Getty or LACMA.

I recall her post from several years ago about a visit to 5905 Wilshire Blvd. She mentioned the old gallery of pre-Columbian art, the area designed by artist Jorge Pardo. It contained lots and lots of draperies.

What's with LACMA and draperies?

I grimaced at what Rosenbaum must have thought (cue J Garcin's "rubes"). lol.

Back then, however, I didn't fully realize just how much of the rest of the Pereira-HHP-era campus was way below par too. At the time, I was more oblivious to the professionalism of other art museums (ones for science and history too), such as in Minneapolis, St Louis or Houston---much less the big-time ones of the world.

So I admit I've been sort of a hick. Sooie, sooie. lol.